Brrrr Winter is here!
Combat Dryness with heat!
The cooler months tend to bring dryness all around - so consider doing a hot oil/steam treatment when you condition your hair to infuse moisture back into your hair and to prevent dryness, split ends and breakage. You can do this 1-2 times a month.
You ask, How do I apply a hot oil treatment to my hair?
Here it is in 5 Easy Steps:
1. Start with clean damp hair
2. Pour your oil of choice into a glass bowl and heat for 10-15 seconds until warm (not hot). So a hot oil treatment is really with warm oil (not sure why it is called hot oil:) )
We love a good mix of oils like: sweet almond oil, castor oil, jojoba, babassu and rosemary. Renew Hair + Scalp Serum is a perfect blend of these organic and essential oils that nourish and stimulate growth.
3. Apply oil in sections throughout the hair from roots to ends.
4. Cover hair with a shower cap or terry cloth towel and let sit for 15-20 minutes. We also recommend using a heated towel (rinse out in hot water) over the shower cap to give a steaming effect. This is a great way to combat hair dryness and love on those curls!
5. Rinse off and style as usual
Doing this every other week is a great way to pamper your curls, nourish them, add shine and SMILES to both your faces when you're done.
Don't forget to Protect your hair overnight with a Satin Pillowcase or Sleepcap. The smooth surface on the fabric will ensure you retain the moisture and prevent breakage caused by cotton and other harsh fabrics which absorb moisture from our curls.
Simple but very effective. Let us know in the comments what you do to your hair during the winter months.